Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Christina Aguilera: 'I grew up on Burlesque set'

Christina Aguilera has said that she grew up considerably on the set of Burlesque.



The singer and actress confessed that while she was disappointed in the film's lack of success, she is still happy that she took part in the project as it was an overall positive experience and had a profound effect on her personal life.



"I was sad [it wasn't a huge success], but I'm still glad that I did the movie. During production, I was going through a lot of self-discovery. As a quote-unquote popstar, you have your entourage with you at all times. When you enter and leave a place, backstage, even at home - you always have your team," Aguilera explained to W Magazine.



"On the movie set, I didn't have anyone around me. And it felt good. When I first met my husband, I needed that ­helping hand to take the reins and look after me. After the movie, I grew out of being that little girl; I became more of an adult."



Aguilera is currently serving as a judge and mentor on the NBC singing competition The Voice alongside Cee Lo Green, Blake Shelton and Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine.



She and Green recently released a duet entitled 'Nasty', a track which was recorded before the stars joined The Voice.



Watch Christina Aguilera in the trailer for Burlesque below:


No comments: