Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Jennifer Lopez 'On the Fence' About Returning to 'American Idol'

First-year American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez says she's "on the fence" about returning to Fox's competition series for a second season.



The singer told BBC Radio 1's Scott Mills, "I don't know. I haven't been forced to make a decision and I'm glad about that because honestly I'm very on the fence about it."




Lopez signed a one-year deal with the show in October for a reported $12 million.



She offered mostly positive critiques of the season 10 contestants and showed emotion when some were eliminated. She told BBC Radio 1, "You get to know them. You get to know their hopes and their dreams on camera, off camera. You're helping them off camera, you're helping them on camera and it's this crazy ride you go on together.



"You definitely get involved, I definitely get involved. I am very emotional as you can see from the show. That's just how I am."



She added that her schedule is filling up for the remainder of 2011, "I had an amazing time doing it and I loved it but I have a lot other things happening, and it's going to come down to me making a choice of what I want to do for the next year and we're not really at the breaking point of 'You have to make a decision right now! I'm just really enjoying the time of just waiting and seeing."


Lopez and husband Marc Anthony are currently working on the Latin competition show Q'Viva! The Chosen. The project features the duo traveling with director-choreographer Jamie King through 21 Latin countries in search of undiscovered talent starting in July.






The show is being produced in partnership with American Idol creator and XIX Entertainment CEO and founder Simon Fuller, and will be filmed in English, Spanish and Portuguese and broadcast simultaneously on TV networks across 21 countries in North America, Central America and South America.

No comments: